I've finally come to the realization that until my kids turn 10, you will find cheerios or remnants of lunch on my floor at all times. I can sweep my floor 3 times a day, and my girls will still somehow manage to share their lunch with the floor. My little brother did just move in with us, and he did bring a little helper in the form of a sweet puppy dog, Molly.
So not only do my kiddos greatly increase the odds of a dirty floor but they also contribute to the mounds of dirty laundry. I feel like I'm always making the girls take off their shirts for dinner, especially for spaghetti night. I seriously want to invest in spray n wash stock!
Of course, my girls love to dig in the dirt just like their mommy. We spent the spring making mud pies and mud lakes with the hose. It's been so hot here in drought striken Texas that the dirtiest we've gotten is indoor painting. Here's pictures from our latest playdate with LaLa, her friend Lisha (you can find her blog here), and her sweet daughter Elle. You can see that we controlled the situation with no shirts and covering everything in paper. We started out making turtles and that quickly became a face painting extravaganza. (Oh, please excuse the way I look. I'm trying out this new concept for me; it's called "exercising" :)






No comments:
Post a Comment