I started this blog for one purpose, to give my family and friends a little glimpse into the daily life of Natalie and Claire. I've also wanted to give my girls insight about how they were raised from their mommy's perspective through a journal of some type. I later realized that I can use this blog as that journal, but I now have reservations about their privacy online. So, I'm going to make this blog private, which will only allow people with permission to view it. I also found a company that makes photo books from your blog with the journal entries next to the pictures. So I can't wait to do this one day for the girls. Now that I am making this a private blog, I can post more detailed entries (something that may bore you to tears unfortunately). Email me if you'd like me to add you to the list.
I can't finish an entry without sharing a picture. The girls have been sick with a cold, so I have kept them out of MDO. So we had "MDO" type crafts, to keep the girls busy (which means I kept them out of trouble:). Here's Claire with her tamborine. They helped me fill the tamborine with pasta and beans and then they got to decorate it however they pleased (minus any sharpies or paint). I love this picture of her, just not the sunlight spots from the blinds. She was so proud of her artwork, and she looks so grown up!
The next day, we did fingerpainting. Can you sense my enthusiasm for this? There are very few things that I like about fingerpainting. The girls' excitement is one and the other is that it can be therapeutic for mommy. It also makes me let go of my controlling tendencies and not turn into Kate Gosselin. I know kids do need to be kids, which does require using paint, playing in mud, etc., and in my girls' case, breaking a dozen eggs, painting a sister with nail polish, and coloring my walls with fireplace soot.
No comments:
Post a Comment