Friday, August 13, 2010

Catchin up

  The last two weeks have been chaotic, wonderful, jam packed, and challenging all in one.  This post will be long....brace yourself.   2010 brought us many changes: David working 80 hour weeks, a stint at daycare, Claire undergoing surgery, the girls evolving into independent little people.  The result of all these changes is me staying home with my girls until things settle down.  The girls celebrated their birthday at the end of July.  Ironically, I was at work that night celebrating my last day at TCH.  After going round and round about what to do for their bday, we ended up just celebrating with family on three different occasions.  First, Nana and Gran were in Kingwood for an Ogletree wedding.  We had many cupcakes and a great storytime thanks to the children's Bible from Nana and Gran.


One day, I hope to have Claire's ability to really focus. Love that girl.



Oh, I found a new use for my old purses that were in the Goodwill box.  Natalie really appreciates her purse.  She can now carry her ten favorite toys of the day at all times.  Have I mentioned she is a hoarder? 


I like this picture not only because of her sweet face but also the red crayon marks to the left of her. 
Wonder who did that?



Our next celebration was in Church Point.  We saw family that the girls have never met before, and they had the best time playing with their cousins.  Thanks to all of the McBride family for making the girls birthday so fun and special.


Sean was wonderful with the girls. He showed them his toys and was so sweet to them.  
He'll make a great babysitter one day. 


Claire loved the Escalade.  Natalie, however, bailed out (literally) during her drive.  She was content with chasing Claire and Sean.


I think Claire looks just like pictures of Aunt Jen Jen when she was a kiddo. Whatcha think?


They also had a blast playing with sweet cousin Bailey. I think this may be the first picture where my girls are posed and BOTH looking at the camera. Is that considered a milestone?


Lastly, we had Honey, Ah-bee, Madison (mad-dog), and LaLa (by the way the girls saw a high school pic of Honey today and they kept saying LaLa. I never thought y'all looked alike until the girls pointed it out.  Smart girls.)

Thanks LaLa for the BBQ pit.  For some reason they are obsessed with the tongs!





So many reasons why I love this pic.  I love that she is a bow head.  Her boots are on the wrong foot.  That she has on one of my dresses that Honey made for me.  I remember this dress only when seeing it in a picture of me that my dad kept in his wallet until I was probably 15.   It's surreal seeing it on one of my girls.


1 comment:

  1. Amy, you are a great writer. I love reading this because it helps me stay caught up. You are right, the girls have evolved into independent little people.

    Hope you don't mind, but I may hijack a couple of photos for facebook. It is so hot outside that I'm spending the day on the computer. Love and miss all of you so much.

    ReplyDelete