Many thanks to Sugar, Poppa, and Jen Jen. We loved spending the holiday weekend with y'all. Great food and great fun.
Yesterday, the girls and I drove down to Houston to meet David for lunch and a park date. We found a great Tex Mex place with a perfect playground (in the shade) that the girls were really enjoying. BUT...We had to leave because we had our minds made up that we were going to Hermann Park to ride the choo choo train and feed the ducks. On the way to the park, we realized we (I) left the stroller in our garage. Did we turn around and go back to the nice shaded playground, or did we continue to a very large park with two year old twins? We continued to Hermann Park all the while knowing that meltdowns could be in store. Not only did it seem like it was the hottest day of the year, but Natalie did not take well to standing in line. David and I took turns running after her while the line for the train seemed to last forever. Once we boarded the train, I think the girls' looked up a few times. Claire was fixated on the nuts/bolts on the seat in front of us. She spent the entire ride trying to figure out how to unscrew them. We just kept telling ourselves, "We should have known better". Can you feel the heat when you look at this pic?
When we got home, we started dinner. For dessert, we thought the girls would enjoy holding their own yogurt cups while they ate. We should have known better than to give Natalie a cup of anything without expecting this:
Last but not least, we should have known better than to add Mr. Bubbles to their bath water then turn on the jets. Actually, the bubbles were a fun way to end the day.
Oh, and I'm so jealous of my girls' eyelashes. They both have the most beautiful and thick lashes. I can't believe Natalie held still (a miracle) long enough for me to get a pic.


No comments:
Post a Comment