Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Lollipop Tree



It has been a long time since I've been on my blog.  We've had a lot happen in May: Patrick & Eliza's wonderful wedding, a Disney trip, and a beach trip.  I'm going to take baby steps and get to the smaller events first, and next time give you a bunch of pics from our long trips.  Baby Steps for me or else I would just never make another post :)

Last night the girls had their first dance recital.  It was a ballet number to The Lollipop Tree by Burl Ives.  The theme of the night was Sweet Dreams and all of the numbers centered around sweet desserts with classic songs sung by Bing Crosby, Shirley Temple, etc....It was so sweet and so fitting for this age.  It was just hard for me with my sweet tooth out of control during pregnancy.  By the end, I wanted to do a google search and find the nearest carnival where I could get cotton candy, lollipops, chocolate, caramel apples, etc...

Here is sweet Claire before dress rehearsal.



And here she is again. So proud of her lollipop.




Natalie improvised a little and added a wave when she walked on stage.  Pretty fitting.  She loved the stage, and during the recital she improvised a little more and took a bow when the crowd started clapping at the end.  I can't wait to get the video. 





At the end, the performers put on a parade where each class gets to walk through the banner and then wave to the audience.  Once again, my girls were very enthusiastic about waving.






Before and After bribing the girls for a picture.  They always seem to quarrel when I want a sister picture.







By the end, Natalie was DONE! That girl will beg for her bed when she is tired.






Their classmates and friends...





And the very best bribe of all....their daddy!















3 comments:

  1. So so sweet! I love these pictures. What an awesome memory for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy the girls are so beautiful. And oh my goodness, is it just me or do I see so much of Mrs. Jan in Claire in that group picture? It brought back lots of great memories. I hope the whole family is well and that you're feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kelly! You are so right about Claire. She strongly resembles her Sugar (Mrs. Jan) and Jennifer. She has David's personality too! Hope you and your boys are doing well too.

    ReplyDelete