Wednesday, November 30, 2011

>

Thanksgiving has come and gone, and we are still eating turkey.  No complaints here.  David used the rest of his fried turkeys to make sausage and turkey gumbo.  I've been in heaven.  I was regrettfully not able to take many pictures this year, because I came down with an awful respiratory virus.

Our Thanksgiving holiday started off with the girls and I visitng Oxford for the Ole Miss/LSU game.  As soon as we got there, I felt so bad I couldn't get out of the bed.  Thanks to my family, the girls got to go to the grove, the Phi Mu house (many times for a potty break), and see the Rebelettes and Ole Miss band.  I was able to take a few pictures before they headed off.



Once back in Texas, we had a full house with LaLa, Mad-dog, Nana, Gran, Patsy, Patrick, Eliza, Nancy and David.  A big thanks to Lauren for doing the majority of cooking and her organizational skills.  Thanks everyone for traveling so far to be with us and make it such a memorable time.  We love you all.



>


Oh, Eliza and I also had fun making this edible (most of it, anyways) centerpiece.  It's made up of 3 red pears (two cut in half and scooped out for tea lights), 2 green pears, 2 yellow bartlett pears, eucalyptus leaves, baby's breath, and red and green hypericum berries (all found at Kroger, yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment