The girls are 2 months away from their 3rd birthday, and I can finally say that the latest trek from Houston to Louisiana was not miserable! It's still hard at times. Like the time we had to stop for the potty at Wendy's and as I'm herding the twins into the bathroom stalls, Natalie keeps sticking her head under the partitions and repeatedly looks up at the person in the stall next to me. I was horrified for that person, Natalie, and also for myself. But...it was not as scary as the previous trips. The girls are FINALLY listening to me. They don't run off and stick with me in a parking lot. This step is HUGE for parents of multiples. I can see the light :) Anyways, we celebrated David's birthday in Covington with Poppa, Sugar, and Jennifer. We did have to cut the birthday dinner short due to lack of naps for Natalie and Claire. I even broke my rule and gave Natalie her bubby (pacifier) at the restuarant table. I desperately wished I had a shirt that read "Don't Judge" at that moment in time. In fact, I wish for that shirt more often than I admit.
We also went out to the Mayronne ranch, where Poppa grew up. The first thing Natalie said when she got out of the car and saw the wide open land was, "Wow, Daddy. I wanna run!".
Natalie was cracking us up with her ability to fake pout. She would turn her back to us with arms crossed and walk away a few steps. Then she would slowly turn her head and look back at us to make sure we were watching her pout. Then she would repeat. She did this for about a half football field length. She sure is a great actress.
No comments:
Post a Comment